An applicant seeking certification gets in touch with AfriCert and presents the request for the standard of interest.
AfriCert hands out an information pack to the applicant containing, the standard requested for or certification requirements and an application form to fill in the required information.
NB: Applications for all the other schemes are handled by owners.
- All application received by AfriCert are appraised for compliance
- Incomplete applications are returned with advice to the client to fill in missing details or information
- On receipt of all required information in the application, a quotation relevant to the requested standard is prepared and approved by the QMR using the information in the application and if agreed, inspection dates are proposed to the clients alongside other logistics
- Terms of agreement are discussed and if favorable, a contract is signed between the applicant and AfriCert.
Once all application procedures have completed the following is carried out.
- A selected certification staff is provided with all necessary information related to the applicants operations
- The allocated inspector carries out onsite inspection and reviews all the information and evidence available at the site.
Pleas find 4C certification procedure documents here